It’s always good to have a recap on how to make simple yet effective changes to your life that can bring about profound transformations to the way you live your life and what can happen as a result of this.
- Drink more water. Try to increase your water intake to 1 ½ -2 litres a day. You can do this incrementally if you don’t drink a lot of water. You will soon see the benefits in your skin tone, your digestive system will feel better and by replacing caffeine ridden drinks with water you are already cutting down on your sugar intake. Start the day with a glass of water to replenish your body and your brain!
- Go to bed earlier. Over 60% of us are sleep deprived. Aim to wind down from computers, gadgets and social media around 1-2 hours before bedtime. Make your bedroom a quiet and inviting space for rest. Aim to go to bed before midnight and definitely earlier if you have to get up early for your job.
- Try to eat healthier. We all have different tastes and dietary requirements but generally fresh wholefoods cooked at home instead of processed, readymade meals, or takeaways are known to be better for your health. You will have more energy, better skin tone and a healthier digestive system.
- Exercise a little. Make time for this as movement keeps the body young and your mood better because exercising releases those feel good hormones. Try out a few classes or use an app to help you find the type of exercise that suits you. Remember some movement is better than none, so get off the bus one stop earlier or take the stairs rather than the lift.
- Most of us don’t breathe deeply enough which affects our energy and mental and emotional states. Practising deeper breathing not only brings more oxygen into your body but helps calm the mind and release tension.
- Have some quiet time. Switch off your phone and leave the computer to sit somewhere quietly for a few minutes to start off with. Allowing yourself that space is very nurturing to say nothing of the rest your brain and thoughts will have. Slow down your breath and breathe more deeply. This helps to calm the nervous system and if your thoughts keep jumping in take your attention back to your breathing.
By applying some or all of these things in your life you will develop the energy and mental clarity you need to manifest your heartfelt vision for 2017.
What kinds of things are your thinking of taking on this year to increase your health and wellbeing? Did any of the above inspire you to make changes? And remember if you are struggling with setting your vision for this year or struggling with trying to bring your resolutions into fruition do get in touch. I’d love to support you on your quest.
Want to have well-being in your life and interested in engaging in Well-being Coaching with Cheryl?
Please visit https://nightingaleclinichampton.co.uk/transformational-coaching-intensives/ for further information
If you would like to receive a weekly uplift into your inbox just sign up here: http://eepurl.com/bwmgXX. My weekly ‘Words of Wellbeing’ is designed to uplift and inspire you to feel more well-being and happiness in your life.